Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill: Highlights
Dec 05,2013 , 10:30 PM IST
Greater Hyderabad will be the common capital of Telangana and successor state of Andhra Pradesh for 10 years. Following are highlights of the draft approved by the union cabinet Thursday:
* Telangana will comprise of 10 districts and successor state of Andhra Pradesh will comprise 13 districts.
* The common capital for such period not exceeding 10 years will be existing Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) area.
* The governor of Telangana will have special responsibility for the security of life, liberty and property of all those who reside in the common capital area.
* The governor may be assisted by two advisers to be appointed by the government of India.
* The government of India will assist in creation of the new capital for the successor state of Andhra Pradesh to be identified by an expert committee within 45 days.
* The government of India will assist the two successor states in augmenting their police forces for maintaining the public order.
* The institutional mechanism with the full involvement and participation of the government of India will be put in place to manage water resources and projects on Krishna and Godavari rivers in an amicable and an equitable manner.
* Polavaram will be declared a national project and will be executed by the government of India following all environmental and RR (relief and rehabilitation) norms.
* The detailed provisions have been made in the bill on matters relating to coal, power, oil and gas, division of assets and liabilities and allocation of government employees.
* Article 371 D will continue for both successor states to ensure equitable opportunity for education and public employment.
* Existing admission quotas in higher, technical and medical institutions will continue for a period not exceeding 10 years.
* The government of India will take special measures for economic development both the successor states including expansion of physical and social infrastructure and establishment of national institutions in the successor state of Andhra Pradesh.
Stay updated on the go with The Hans India News App. Click for Android / IOS download it for your device.