Vijayawada: An awareness programme on fire was organised for the students of Gandhiji Municipal High School by Vijayawada Municipal Corporation under the aegis of Regional Fire Officer Uday Kumar here on Tuesday.
Fire staff demonstrating a situation to students
A demo was organised by the fire department staff, when a fire breaks out in a house due to gas cylinder leak and short circuit.
The fire staff gave the demo on how to use breathing operator set when thick smoke erupts due to fire accident.
They also explained how to face the situation to come out safe when fire breaks out in cinema theatres, malls, public places and schools.
The students participated in the programme with enthusiasm and later interacted with the fire staff and clarified their queries.
District fire officer Srinivas Reddy, Assistant fire officer Shekar, Deputy Educational Officer K Durga Prasad and others were present.