Woman charred to death
THE HANS INDIA |
Jan 07,2018 , 02:14 AM IST
Visakhapatnam: A-63-year-old woman G Appala Narasamma was charred to death in a fire accident at Chettupalli village in Narsipatnam mandal in the district on Friday. She was living alone in a thatched house when the mishap took place.
Due to severe cold, she lit chafing dish to keep herself warm and slept. In the meantime, a fire broke out in the hut as the fire sparks for chafing dish hit the thatched house at 2 am and fire engulfed the room. She was struck in the hut and was burnt alive in the incident. The locals observed the fire and tried to douse but in vain.
According to locals, she was living alone and recently she underwent a surgery and walking with the help of artificial limb. As she was taking pain killers, she was fast asleep and failed to observe the fire. On receiving information, police rushed to the spot and sent the body for post-mortem.
Stay updated on the go with The Hans India News App. Click for Android / iOS download it for your device.