In this season of love, add some romance to your daily menu with these breakfast recipes. These romantic recipes can win your loved one’s heart. These are easy-to-make treats that can be made by anyone with easy to access ingredients. So, don’t just wait for Valentine’s day but try making it special whenever you can, out of the blue to make them feel pampered
Strawberries stuffed with lightly-sweetened cream cheese and walnuts are perfect for any romantic evening. Ingredients
• 20 fresh strawberries
• 1 (3 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
• 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
• 1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar Method
• Dice two strawberries and set aside. Cut the stems off of each of the remaining strawberries, forming a base for strawberries to stand on. Starting at the pointed ends and cutting most of the way, but not completely through the stem end, slice each strawberry into four wedges. Beat the cream cheese until fluffy; stir in the diced strawberries, walnuts, and powdered sugar. Spoon or pipe about a teaspoon of mix into each strawberry.
This recipe makes 17- 3-inch sandwich cookies and 17 - 1 1/2 inch heart shaped cookies. You will need a 3-inch heart shaped cutter and a 1 1/2-inch heart shaped cutter. Frost with Pink Frosting.
• In a large bowl, cream together butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extract and mix well. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; blend into the butter mixture. Divide dough into thirds and shape into balls. Working with 1/3 of dough at a time, roll out dough into desired thickness on a lightly floured surface.
For each heart sandwich cookie, cut out 2 3-inch hearts. Cut out the center of ONE of the 3-inch hearts with the 1 1/2-inch cutter. Place each piece separately on an ungreased cookie sheet, 1 - 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated, 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until lightly browned (7-8 minutes for 1/4-inch-thick cookies). Cool completely on wire rack. Frost bottom cookie with Pink Valentine Frosting and place an openly centered cookie on top to form the sandwich. Also, frost the small 1 1/2-inch hearts and serve as separate cookies.
Herbed Potato :
• 2 medium baking potatoes
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon white wine or chicken broth
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon each dried parsley flakes, thyme, and rosemary, crushed
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/2-inch slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Combine the oil, wine, and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until tender, turning once. Garnish with onions and sour cream if desired.
A simple but elegant shrimp dish. Combine it with garlic bread and a salad for a delicious dinner.
• 1 (8 ounces) package angel hair pasta
• 1/2 cup butter
• 4 cloves minced garlic
• 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta and return pot to boil. Cook until al dente. Drain well. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in wine and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds while stirring constantly. Mix shrimp with drained pasta in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Rose Pomegranate Martini:
• 1.5 ounces of vodka
• ½ lemon, juiced
• 1 ounce of pomegranate juice
• 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
• 1 dash of rose water
• ½ to 1 cup of ice
• To shake add vodka, lemon juice, pomegranate juice, agave nectar, rose water, and ice. Shake mixture. Strain into a coupe. At last garnish a rose petal.