Traders allege harassment by tax men, down shutters

THE HANS INDIA |   Jan 10,2018 , 04:08 AM IST

Traders closed shops in Akiveedu village on Tuesday
Traders closed shops in Akiveedu village on Tuesday

Akiveedu: The traders observed a bandh in Akiveedu to protest ‘harassment’ by Commercial Tax officials on Tuesday.

The Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Akiveedu branch called upon the traders to observe the one-day token strike.

All shops and establishments remained closed for the day. The traders took out a rally, reached Akiveedu centre, and expressed their protest in a dharna at the centre. The congregation blocked a main road for the strike.

Undi MLA Vetukuri Siva Ramaraju (Kalavapudi Siva) reached the spot and extended his support to the cause of the traders. He said that the traders reported about the harassment of the commercial tax officials to him. “The officials on duty have been collecting 20 percent towards the tax that goes to the government and remaining 80 percent is taken as bribe,” he pointed out.  He assured that he would discuss the matter with Finance Minister, Yanamala Ramakrishnudu and the Commercial Tax Commissioner. 

Village Sarpanch Gontla Ganapati, Chamber of Commerce Akiveedu branch President Gottumukkala Satyanarayana Raju,  24 leaders from the traders’ association, Chamber Secretary Gurram Srinivasa Rao, Voleti Srinu, Ramalingeswara Rao, Nerella Ramanayya, Maturi Madhu, AMC Chairman M Prasad, Thota Vasu, Alluri Satyanarayana Raju, Bobbili Bangaraiah and others participated in the protest.



Stay updated on the go with The Hans India News App. Click for Android / iOS download it for your device.