Gender sensitisation workshop held at Kamineni Hospital
THE HANS INDIA |
Jan 13,2018 , 01:52 AM IST
LB Nagar: To come up with effective solutions by the police for problems pertaining to women, Tarun Joshi, Joint Commissioner of Police Rachakonda conducted an one- day orientation programme on Gender sensitisation and women protection laws in collaboration with Bhumika center in the auditorium of Kamineni Hospital LB Nagar.
Guidelines for police
Tarun Joshi, Joint Commissioner of Police inaugurated the programme in the presence of 50 police personnel from the ranks of Inspectors, Sub Inspectors, Assistant Superintendent of Police who were present from each of the police station of Rachakonda Commissionerate.
- Every woman, girl victims or child who come for legal help should be heard by all the police personnel’s at duty .
- All the complaints received by women girls/ children should be fed into GD entry system and then the parents should be informed
- The police should play the role of a doctor and counsellor by listening to what they say in a sympathetic manner and assure them that they would do their best to help them out
- In POSCO ACT cases, the statements of the victim should be recorded by a female police officer and then they should be escorted for medical check up
- During the course of investigation the police officer should file requisition before High Court for conducting In camera proceedings, and lastly
- In all the cases related to women, girl and children, the police officers should ensure that they get timely justice with maximum compensation
During the course of interaction with the police officers from Rachakonda Commsionerate, Tarun Joshi issued guidelines (see box ) to protect the interest of the women in the commissionerate.
The programme was attended by Shaik Jahangir, Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crimes) Rachakonda, and P Kishan Naik CCRB Rachakonda. Post programme the police officers had interaction with their seniors where they discussed the action plan.
Stay updated on the go with The Hans India News App. Click for Android / iOS download it for your device.