Pamper your skin
THE HANS INDIA |
Aug 12,2017 , 11:58 PM IST
A bedtime beauty care routine is of much importance so that the skin is cleansed of makeup, pollutants, dirt and all the impurities that are deposited on it during the day
All the repair and restoration of the body takes place when we sleep. The cell renewal process also carries on at night when the body is at rest. Therefore, we should ensure that the skin is clean and the pores are free so that the skin’s repair and renewal can be carried out properly. If the skin is normal to dry, it should also be nourished at night, especially during the dry season.
As already mentioned, night time cleansing is of utmost importance. Whatever the type or texture of the skin, it requires thorough cleansing at night. Before it is cleansed, the skin surface is covered with a film of dirt, stale sweat and oil deposits, stale make-up and pollutants. These not only upsets the normal balance of the skin but also hampers its natural functions.
Night time pampering of the skin helps us to give special care to particular areas, like the area around the eyes, the neck and hands. These are areas, which are the earliest to show signs of age. A nightly routine helps to delay the formation of lines and wrinkles, keeping the skin smooth and youthful.
It also keeps the skin and facial muscles toned, strengthening the supportive tissues and preserving the elasticity and resilience of the skin.
Proper and regular care, according to its needs, keeps the skin healthy and free from problems. During the day, the skin basically needs protection from UV rays of the sun and air pollutants that cause damage to the skin and also deplete moisture.
Day time care also involves cleansing and toning, but protection is the main aspect. Night time care basically involves restoration and maintenance of the skin, as well as preparing it for the night. It involves thorough cleansing, including the removal of make-up, care of the area around eyes, nourishing and massage of the skin. If the skin is oily, or if there is acne, night care may also involve the application of products to control
Here are some do’s and don’ts of night care
- Products for cleansing should be selected according to skin type and individual needs. For example, if the skin is dry, a rehydrant cleansing gel should be used. For oily and combination skin, a cleansing lotion or light cleansing milk may be used. For acne, pimples or rashy skin, it is better to use a medicated cleanser. After cleansing, the skin should be wiped with a rose based skin tonic, using cotton wool.
- If the skin is dry, nourish and massage it with a nourishing cream. Apply it on the face and massage it with outward and slightly upward movements. Wipe off excess cream with moist cotton wool before bedtime. Apply the cream on the neck too and massage it with both hands, starting from the chin and going downwards. The pressure should not be applied when bringing the hands back to the chin, but only as you massage downwards. This helps to delay the formation of lines on the neck and also reduces double chins.
- For all skin types, an under-eye cream should be applied around the eyes and wiped off with moist cotton wool after 15 minutes.
- The hands may be massaged with a hand cream, especially around the nails, so that the cuticle remains soft.
- If there is acne or pimples, apply medicated lotion on the eruptions and leave overnight. If there are pimple marks, apply an anti-blemish cream only on the marks and leave overnight.
- Don’t use oily cleansers and
- nourishing / night creams if the skin is oily.
- Don’t leave the cream on
- around eyes at night, while you
- sleep. It can lead to puffiness around eyes.
Stay updated on the go with The Hans India News App. Click for Android / iOS download it for your device.