Herbs and spices are not only a great way to add flavor to food, but they also help in keeping your weight balanced. How, you ask? Well, they work by boosting your metabolic rate and help your body burn fat easily.
Just a sprinkle of spices over your food can accelerate your body’s fat burning mechanism and even reduce your appetite. So, if you want to achieve a healthy weight, you don’t need to spend hours at the gym or starve yourself. Incorporate spices into your diet and watch the magic. Here are a few spices that can work wonders in balancing your weight.
1. Turmeric: Let’s start with the golden spice – turmeric. This spice is popularly known for its anti-inflammatory properties, but did you know that it also helps burn body fat? Turmeric contains an active ingredient, curcumin, which can stimulate fat burning, which leads to weight loss. It also offers a lot of health benefits – its antioxidant property helps fight cancer and other ailments. Adding this wonder spice to your tea can help you lose fat. Turmeric is also a common ingredient in most curries and gravies.
2. Cayenne Pepper: Let's move on to the next wonder spice – cayenne pepper. It is capsaicin, the active ingredient present in cayenne pepper, which is responsible for weight loss. It speeds up the metabolic rate and reduces appetite. When your body’s metabolic rate is naturally boosted, it begins converting nutrients into energy at a much faster pace. You can add cayenne pepper to gravies to improve the taste and flavor. Or consume it in a juice or a smoothie as a juice cleanse.
3. Cumin: Another addition to any dish that can boost the flavor almost instantly is cumin. This little spice can work wonders in burning the fat in your body. Powdered cumin seeds not only make your food delicious, but they also have numerous other health benefits. You can add it to your soup, stews, dressings, or baked goods. You can even drink cumin water to reduce your appetite as it helps you feel satiated for a long time.
4. Cinnamon: What better than cinnamon to spice up any dish? It has a great flavor and can be added to sweet dishes or savories. It makes the dish so delicious that it helps curb your cravings and you feel satiated for a long time. It regulates your blood sugar and also lowers bad cholesterol in the body. Apart from this, it boosts the body’s metabolic rate, which, in turn, aids rapid weight loss. You can add it to any dish or even mix it with honey in hot water to make a juice cleanse.
5. Saffron: Cravings are our main enemy when we are trying to balance our weight. And saffron can help you lose weight at a healthy rate by curbing your hunger pangs. This expensive spice comes with a load of health benefits, and all you need is a pinch of it to reap its goodness. Just add it to your tea or with veggies to enhance the flavor. It also keeps you from snacking by suppressing your hunger, helping you lose weight in the long run.
6. Ginger-Garlic: Ginger and garlic are often used together to amp up the flavor of any dish. They also possess fat-burning properties, which are doubled when both the ingredients are combined. Garlic contains a compound, allicin that can suppress hunger pangs and boost metabolism. Ginger improves gut health and improves immune system. They regulate blood sugar and help you burn body fat. Adding ginger-garlic paste to your dishes can help accelerate your weight loss.
These are a few wonder herbs that can help burn those calories. A few others are nutmeg, black pepper, rosemary, ginseng and cardamom. Stop trying to shed weight with dieting, working out or starving yourself and instead do this to add to your meal for best results.
While the foods you eat impact your overall body weight, even the spices you add to them can control your metabolism. So, sprinkle these spices every day on your food, and enjoy their benefits along with the delicious flavor. What are you waiting for? Spice it up and help your body burn fat more quickly!
Author Bio :
Nisha is passionate about writing and loves to share her thoughts with the world. She has written many articles on yoga, fitness, wellness, remedies, and beauty. She keeps herself updated by going through interesting blogs every day. This fuels her passion and motivates her to write appealing and engaging articles.