New Delhi (IANS): Refurbishing or re-decorating of homes for the festive season ahead uplifts your spirits and sets the mood for the year of festivities. Fill your home with colours and add accessories this season, say experts.
- Fill your home with colours: Bring out all the colourful bedding, decorative cushions, pottery, rugs, old photographs, memories, souvenir and old gifts and give them their place under the sun.
- Accessorise: Now is the time to go all out and indulge in that Victorian lamp or the hammered vase you have been eyeing all along.
Go for one or two big dramatic pieces rather than too many smaller ones scattered around.
- Keep moisture away: The dampness of the monsoons has set into the wood, the walls and the upholstery. Pull your sofas, beds, wardrobes six inches from the wall to let them breathe.
- Fragrant fresh: Place fragrances and candle diffusers at various places in all rooms. Nothing like walking into a home to a fresh clean fragrance.
- Gold is never old: With festive season and Diwali round the corner, go bold with gold.
Table settings: Add an interesting bunch of flowers, sprigs on to the napkin holders and take a few moments to set the right cutlery.
A well-set table only adds zest to the delicious food that is going to be placed there and around which memories and moments will be shared.
Add floating candles into glass bowls filled with water for a unique table centrepiece.
- Rearrange the living room furniture: Make it cozy and comfortable for guests and family to huddle together and laugh away.