The juicy and succulent strawberries are favourites of most of the people. Here are a few recipes of salacious strawberry dishes that you don't want to miss
Here’s a special treat for all the Valentine out there - sweet magic in just 6 minutes! Its so simple to make, anyone can do it.
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cupoil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour (maida)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 7-8 strawberries (sprinkle some sugar on the cut strawberries and microwave for 30 seconds so they become mushy)
- for the chocolate sauce
- Mix together 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 tbsp cocoa powder and a little water
- Mix sugar, yoghurt, vanilla essence and oil till the sugar dissolves. Sieve the dry powders together and mix in slowly to the wet mix with a spatula. Grease a microwavable glass dish and pour half the mix ture, drop in the strawberries and pour the remaining mix.
- Cook in the microwave for exactly 6 minutes.
- Once the cake cools, coat it with chocolate sauce and garnish with strawberries.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 stick /8 tbsp/1/2 cup butter, melted
- whipped cream or ice-cream for topping
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C. Lightly grease a 9.5inch (24cm) pie dish. Spread berries at the bottom and drizzle with the lemon juice. In a separate bowl, combine flour, eggs and sugar till mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Spread this mixture over the fruit. Finally, drizzle the melted butter over this mixture and bake for 35 minutes or till lightly browned. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice-cream.