- Telangana Assembly Election 2023 LIVE UPDATES
- Welfare regime can't be defeated Minister Ambati Rambabu
- Economists see India’s GDP growth slowing in second half of FY24
- Delhi High Court displeased over trail construction in Central Ridge, warns against treating it as 'personal fiefdom'
- Trinamool MLAs face Speaker's ire for absence during question hour
- Female actors demand to drop Goa minister from Cabinet for 'insulting' women
- Narayana Murthy bats for more English-medium schools; stresses on quick decisions to compete with China
- Delhi govt notifies Delhi Motor Vehicle Aggregator and Delivery Service Provider Scheme
- Gurugram Police arrest criminal carrying Rs 1 lakh reward
- APC elect new Asian Paralympic Committee Board at 2023 General Assembly
7,500 take part in Vizag Bay Marathon
The fourth edition of the ‘Kinley Vizag Bay Marathon 2019’ organised by Indian Runs Club (IRC) associated with Lead Raft was held on Saturday evening at R K Beach.
Visakhapatnam: The fourth edition of the 'Kinley Vizag Bay Marathon 2019' organised by Indian Runs Club (IRC) associated with Lead Raft was held on Saturday evening at R K Beach.
The beach road was chock a block with Vizagites dressed in their neon green T-shirts, took part in 21.1 k, 10 k and 5k runs. The 10K and 5K marathon was flagged off by the City Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar Meena and Director India-Company Bottling Operation, Coca-Cola India Pvt Ltd Vikas Sunkad flagged off the 21K marathon. He said physical fitness was most essential part of the daily routine and underlined the need to stay fit.
Weekend revellers, fitness enthusiasts, students and senior citizens were all on the starting line of the Vizag's Bay Marathon. Some school children had put on P V Sindu masks and one of the participant had a Ganesha mask as well. They displayed placards that read 'The goal is to beat the best', 'I never gave up till the last'. Despite heavy rains, the event saw 7,500 runners.
21K half marathon embarked from Viswapriya Community Hall and ended at Gayatri Vidya Parishad School of Engineering. The 10K marathon started from the same spot to Tenneti Park running back to Viswapriya hall. Lastly, the 5K marathon embarked from the same point to Karachettu Road.