- Govt taking all measures to protect endowments lands: Minister
- 1.54 cr students get benefited under Jagananna Gorumudda
- Hyderabad: Infinity Learn by Sri Chaitanya reports strong revenue growth
- Home Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali inaugurates 2,306 CCTV cameras
- Gold and silver rate in Hyderabad today stable, check the rates on September 26, 2023
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today stable, check the rates on 26 September, 2023
- Cyberabad traffic police issues traffic advisory on immersion
- SCR to run special MMTS services
- Hyderabad: Musical fountains, new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Supreme Court refuses to pass order on urgent listing
Visakhapatnam: Role of alternative fuels in meeting energy demand highlighted
HPCL CGM R Ramakrishnan hoists tricolour at the I-Day fete held at Visakh Refinery
Visakhapatnam: As part of the 74th Independence Day celebrations, R Ramakrishnan, Chief General Manager (In-charge) Operations – Visakh Refinery, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), hoisted the national flag on refinery premises and inspected a guard of honour from the Central Industrial Security Force of Visakh Refinery unit led by Vinod Bisht, Deputy Commandant, CISF.
Addressing the gathering on the occasion, Ramakrishnan dwelt upon the economic scenario and the likely issues that our country may face in near future. He spoke on energy demand and the role of alternate fuels in meeting it and stated that energy efficiency was going to play key role in developing countries like India.
He also mentioned about Covid-19 and its effect prevailing in the country at present and measures taken by the refinery to fight against the pandemic.
Ramakrishnan advised employees on improvement of safety in refinery operations and also emphasised on safety/environmental measures and its systematic implementation. He apprised the developments in the refinery and complimented the employees for the all-time record throughput performance of last year i.e 9,115 MMPTA i.e 114 % capacity.