- Ayodhya: 50 foreign dignitaries invited, entry through barcode passes only
- Shri Ram Anubhav Kendra to come up in Ayodhya
- Calcutta High Court orders interim stay on probe against BJP legislators in National Anthem insult case
- Dunzo fails to pay Nov salaries to its present employees: Report
- Indonesia's Ibu volcano erupts, ash up to 1,200m
- 'Why was treatment denied to 14-yr-old cancer patient?' Delhi Minister to Chief Secy
- Three students missing in Tirumala found in Kamareddy
- 11 Ministers on the way Telangana Assembly
- Bhatti Vikramarka reacts on Chief Minister post
- Atchannaidu extends greetings to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy
Took it too far? Star Sports gets bad rep for new 'Mauka Mauka' ad dissing Pakistan
Indian and Pakistani fans are all eager to watch the World Cup face-off between the two nations.
India's next match at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 will be against New Zealand. However, fans are eager for next Sunday, when Team India will take on Pakistan.
To build on the sentiments between the two nations who recently had diplomatic tiffs, broadcaster Star Sports brought back the 'Mauka Mauka' ad that had gone viral during the 2015 World Cup and given it a Father's Day twist for June 16, when the match is scheduled, and happens to coincide with Fathers' Day.
Twitterati however, thought the broadcaster took it too far, and only creates more tensions against the two nations.
This #FathersDay, watch an ICC #CWC19 match jo dekh ke bas bol sakte hain, "baap re baap!" 😉— Star Sports (@StarSportsIndia) June 9, 2019
Catch #INDvPAK in the race for the #CricketKaCrown, LIVE on June 16th, only on Star Sports! pic.twitter.com/Apo3R8QrbO
Mauka mauka was ok but this is too much cricket is a gentleman's game pls let it be🙏🙏— Gagandeep singh (@singhgagan01) June 9, 2019
Can we stop with these patronising ads? It is a freaking tournament FFS— Neerja Gogoi (@TypoMantri) June 9, 2019
Sorry but this ad is in bad taste. Take sport as a sport only... Why stooping to such low level of thinking!!— Nishit Joshi 🇮🇳 (@nijoshi) June 9, 2019
Literally speaking this add is too low class. Not expected this from star sports. One need to understand its just a sport and anything can hapoen on a given day. #dissapointed.— Sahil choudhary🇮🇳 (@Sahilch09921549) June 9, 2019
Sorry, a big fan of star sports creativity,, but that baap-beta pun is in bad taste!! Better things could be planned!! Not in favour of this!!— Anshul Vinodiya🎬 (@vinodiya_anshul) June 9, 2019
Please we dont need promos like these.— Romsha 🇮🇳 (@kohlischarms) June 10, 2019
Stop making promos on the Father Son thing, its gotten old and it is disrespectful.
This father - son thing has already backfired us in CT 2017— Thank You Yuvi (@akshaypasu) June 9, 2019
Banters are supposed to be better, that mauka mauka ad was a banter. Not this one