- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Sushmita Sen's Daughter Reene Sen Hopes To Work With Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Bollywood's newbie and aspiring actress Renee Sen who is the elder daughter of ace actress Sushmita Sen spoke to media regarding her new short film 'Suttabaazi' and also opened up about her acting career and ambitions.
Bollywood's newbie and aspiring actress Renee Sen who is the elder daughter of ace actress Sushmita Sen spoke to media regarding her new short film 'Suttabaazi' and also opened up about her acting career and ambitions. In this short film, Renee will be essaying the role of an a19-year-old girl who is a rebellious teenager and gets stuck between conservative parents during the Covid-19 lockdown.
Speaking about her audition for this short film, Renee doled out, "The only conscious choice in my debut is to things independently. I spoke to Kabeer (Khurana, director of Suttabaazi), I told him about my passion for acting, he sent me the script, and he told me to audition for it."
Speaking about her character in the short film, Renee said it is a concoction of anger, frustration and more emotions, "I think the beauty of acting, I think, is we take inspiration somewhere or the other from our personal lives for every role. That's what makes it realistic. So yes, I did take inspiration from my own rebel days. How I would feel like I know better than my mother, which is obviously not true, so I just felt like I could bring a lot of me into this."
Then Renee spoke about her mom Sushmita Sen, "My mom just told me to be very honest about it. Her only advice to me for my career, when it comes to acting, is that I should be able to deliver what my director wants me to. At the given time... I should be able to deliver".
Being a final year student of psychology and sociology course, Renee opened up about taking acting as her career… "My entire journey has been a surprise so I may study acting... I don't know... But yes, I do want to act. I am keeping the possibility open of studying acting."
In this poster, Renee is seen smoking and dressed up in all western attire.
Renee also hopes to work with Bollywood's ace directors Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Meghna Gulzar one day… "Meghna ma'am tells stories with very strong women, women with a purpose, and that kind of changes your life and your perspective. Sanjay Leela Bhansali sir's films are larger than life. Whether it is love stories or movies related to history, all of them are larger than life. So I would love to be a part of his film."
Finally, she concluded saying her family already watched her upcoming movie 'Suttabaazi'. "(My family) has watched it, everyone loved it. My mom did give a couple of tips and we did work on that without her... she didn't really interfere with the director's vision but she gave it for the welfare of the film. I am so, so happy they loved it."