- TDP will regain glory in Telangana: Chandrababu Naidu
- Modi thanks US Speaker for inviting him to address joint meeting of Congress
- Haryana farmers protesting on NH 44 over sunflower seeds procurement baton-charged
- CM Kejriwal approves 24x7 operations for 155 shops and commercial establishments in Delhi
- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
'Act-1978' first Sandalwood film to hit screens today after unlock 5
At a time when most of the producers are releasing films on OTT platforms after Covid-19 outbreak, ‘ACT- 1978’ will be the first ‘confidence-boosting’ Sandalwood movie to get theatrical release on Friday.
Bengaluru: At a time when most of the producers are releasing films on OTT platforms after Covid-19 outbreak, 'ACT- 1978' will be the first 'confidence-boosting' Sandalwood movie to get theatrical release on Friday. The film directed by National Award-winning director Mansore, has actress Yagna Shetty, Pramod Shetty, B Suresha, Shruthi and Achyuth Kumar in the lead roles. The film explores an Act that was implemented in the year 1978, with a plot drawn from directors' own experience.
The first theatrical release of Sandalwood film in Covid times is being distributed by KRG Studios and will be screened at various multiplexes across Karnataka. The makers have created a hype for the film through the poster featuring the protagonist played by Yajna Shetty, and a trailer released recently. According to the reports, the theatre list is growing and stands at 84 as on Friday. Also, the sources claim that the film may end up hitting 100 screens by this weekend. Single screens that were sceptical about reopening for last one month warming to the buzz around this new release.
The director has brought in 48 main actors for the hostage drama and features 8-10 supporting characters comprising theatre and serial artistes. 'ACT-1978' has cinematography by Satya Hegde, music by Rahul Shivakumar, and background score by Bakkesh Ronada.