- Muktikanta to sit on strike seeking early completion of bridge
- Hyderabad: State gears up for Election Commission team visit
- AP govt. suspends Naidu's personal secretary Pendyala Srinivas
- Augmented Reality Zone inaugurated in Dhenkanal
- Pained to see politicisation of sensitive cases: Naveen
- Odisha braces for heavy rainfall
- Hyderabad: BJP flays MIM attack on Karimnagar MP’s office
- Hyderabad: ‘Op Akarsh’: BRS readying to poach key Cong leaders
- Lifestyle, food habits key to protect heart: Collector AS Dinesh Kumar
- Vijayawada rly division launches online employee ID card services
Hyderabad: Institute of Genetics, OU organises 2K Walk
The event aimed to serve as a timely reminder of the crucial importance of preserving and protecting our environment for both present and future generations
Hyderabad: In commemoration of World Environment Day, the Institute of Genetics at Osmania University hosted a 2K walk on the Institute of Genetics Campus in Begumpet. The event aimed to serve as a timely reminder of the crucial importance of preserving and protecting our environment for both present and future generations.
World Environment Day provides a platform to address pressing issues such as climate change, deforestation, pollution, biodiversity loss, and sustainable development. Governments, organisations, and individuals are encouraged to come together and take action on these critical environmental challenges.
During the event, esteemed dignitaries planted trees on the campus, symbolizing their commitment to maintaining a green environment. They also emphasised the importance of minimizing plastic usage and encouraged students and participants to actively contribute to environmental conservation efforts.
Santosh Kumar, a Member of Parliament from Rajya Sabha and the founder of Green India Challenge, expressed deep concern about the escalating environmental pollution. He urged the public to reduce their reliance on plastics and explore alternative eco-friendly solutions to protect our environment.