- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Nizamabad: Kisan Morcha leaders protest for MSP, arrested
BJP Kisan Morcha district president Srinivas Reddy demanded that the TRS government must announce minimum support price of Rs 1,850 for maize and Rs 3,850 for soybean.
Nizamabad: BJP Kisan Morcha district president Srinivas Reddy demanded that the TRS government must announce minimum support price of Rs 1,850 for maize and Rs 3,850 for soybean.
Kishan Morcha leaders organised rasta roko and staged a dharna here on Thursday. They also organised a rally on national highway 44 on the suburbs of Armoor in Nizamabad district demanding the State government to provide minimum support price for maize and soybean and to set up purchase centres immediately.
Srinivas Reddy said Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao is following anti-farmer policies. KCR had failed to set up purchasing centres to sell the crops of farmers and with this, agents formed a syndicate and reduced the purchase price and cheating the farmers, Srinivas alleged. He demanded the government to set up purchase centre.
The police arrested the agitating leaders and farmers
and shifted them to Armor police station. Police said that BJP Kisan Morcha leaders organised rasta roko and dharna without permission.