- West Indies's Dowrich announces retirement, pulls out of ODI series with England
- BJP looks set to return to power in Rajasthan
- Congress set to wrest Madhya Pradesh from BJP
- Congress leads BJP in Chhattisgarh: Exit Poll
- ShiftED 2023, Hyderabad: Breaking Barriers To International Education
- Dixon’s Rs 256 cr Noida facility to manufacture Xiaomi smartphones
- AAP is set to launch its "Main Bhi Kejriwal" signature campaign from December 1st
- World Aids Day 2023: Date, Theme, History, HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention, and Myths
- Food Future Foundation and Country Delight Promote Children’s Health
- Two terror modules busted at Handwara in J&K
APSRTC Tirupati region to ply 300 special buses for Sankranti
APSRTC Tirupati region on the occasion of Sankranti festival will operate 300 Sankaranti special buses from various places in Chittoor district to cope with the festive rush of people visiting their homes to celebrate the harvest festival.
Tirupati: APSRTC Tirupati region on the occasion of Sankranti festival will operate 300 Sankaranti special buses from various places in Chittoor district to cope with the festive rush of people visiting their homes to celebrate the harvest festival.
As many as 180 buses will be operated before the commencement of the festival and 120 (from January 8 to 13) and after the festival was over i.e. January 16 to 19.
According to, Regional Manager T Chengal Reddy, 210 buses will be operated in the Bengaluru sector which includes AC buses—Amaravati (4), Indra (2), Super Luxury (6), Ultra Deluxe (14), Express (184) while in the Hyderabad sector, 28 buses including Indra AC (5), Super Luxury (16) and Ultra Deluxe (5).
In the Chennai sector, 23 buses including Amaravati and Indra AC buses 2 each, Ultra Deluxe 1 and 28 Express buses while in Vijayawada sector 4 Super Luxury buses will be operated.
The operation of special buses will commence from January 8 (Friday) ahead of the Sankranti festival and will continue till January 19, four days after the festival for the convenience of the commuters. Advance reservation facility was provided to the special buses and the passengers can book their ticket online on APSRTC website, or
authorised agents and also at the counters at the RTC bus station.
Details can be had from the Tirupati Bus station manager mobile number 9959225684.