- NEET Aspirant, 21, Takes Life In Kota, Marking 29th Suicide This Year
- Major Cocaine Bust At Paradip Port: 22 Kg Haul Worth ₹220 Crore Seized From Indonesian Cargo Ship
- Karnataka govt won't indulge in preventing any act of creative expressions: Siddaramaiah
- Delhi HC grants anticipatory bail to Unnao gang-rape victim, mother in forgery case
- 4th T20I: Rinku, Jitesh, Jaiswal help India to 174/9 against Australia
- Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
Tirupati: Bhumana all praise for selfless services of doctors in pandemic
- Appreciates the services of IMA for conducting more than 1,000 medical camps and 2,000 blood donation camps
- SVIMS Director says the pandemic has taught many lessons to field of medicine
Tirupati: National Doctors' Day was celebrated recognising the great services of legendary physician Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy commemorating his birth and death anniversaries on Thursday. At a programme organised by Indian Medical Association (IMA) Tirupati branch at SV Medical College, City MLA Bhumana Karunakar Reddy participated as chief guest and lauded the invaluable services of doctors in saving lives.
Saying that with the modern advancements in the field of medicine, the fight against Covid has become effective and successful, he said that doctors have been working relentlessly and no words can describe their selfless services. Medical profession is undoubtedly the noble field among any other sector. It will be very difficult to think of human existence without doctors' services.
The MLA appreciated the services of IMA under its president Dr Rayapu Ramesh which conducted more than 1,000 medical camps and about 2,000 blood donation camps. Tirupati MP Dr M Gurumoorthy opined that the sacrifices of doctors are to be remembered by everyone for long. The CM has been initiating various measures to strengthen the medical field in the state.
On the occasion, the MP Gurumoorthy and MLA felicitated city Mayor Dr R Sirisha, Dr Rayapu Ramesh and Ruia hospital superintendent Dr T Bharathi. Dr Armugam, Dr S Subba Rao, Dr A Jeevan Babu and other doctors took part in the programme.
At a programme held at SVIMS during the day, Director Dr B Vengamma recalled the contributions of Dr BC Roy. The services of doctors and healthcare workers during the Covid pandemic were unforgettable. The pandemic has taught so many lessons to the field of medicine. Dr Alladi Mohan, Dr Siddarth Kumar, Dr Aparna Bitla, Dr Saran B Singh, Dr Sridhar Babu and others took part. She felicitated Dr Ram Saran and Dr Venkateswarlu on the occasion.
Meanwhile, the Junior Doctors Association has conducted a voluntary blood donation camp at Ruia blood bank which was dedicated to the Covid martyrs. It was held to create awareness about violence against the doctors.