- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Tirupati: Ruia hospital to set up new department for better physiotherapy care
Commemorating the World Physiotherapy Day, a programme was conducted at Ruia hospital on Wednesday to create awareness on the importance of physiotherapy in health care.
Tirupati: Commemorating the World Physiotherapy Day, a programme was conducted at Ruia hospital on Wednesday to create awareness on the importance of physiotherapy in health care.
The physiotherapy unit of the hospital has conducted the programme which was presided by the Superintendent Dr T Bharathi.
Professor and HoD Dr K Naga Muneendrudu, Dr S Suresh Reddy, Dr A Madhusudhana and others took part.
Speaking on the occasion the doctors said that the physiotherapy unit is serving the needs of the patients of the hospital.
Recently, the Government of India has initiated a special project for senior citizens and transgenders under this project and a separate wing has been created with new equipment.
They said that there is a need for a separate department of physical medicine and rehabilitation for this hospital which is a statutory requirement by the National Medical Commission.
The proposals for this will be submitted to the Government of India and to the State government for consideration to include it in the Nadu-Nedu programme for the benefit of the patients of this region and the training purpose of the students.