- Bridge washed away 3 years back waiting for reconstruction
- Flood alert to Prakasam Barrage
- Ola Electric's net loss surges to Rs 1,472 cr in FY23 as expenses grow
- 'There will be game again, be united': Mamata's plea to minority community
- Vicky says ‘that’s my game’ when Ankita asks ‘aap mujhe bhi use kar rahe ho kya’
- Agra to become ‘bougainvillea capital’ of India
- Purandeswari urges govt. to support farmers who lost crops due to Cyclone Michaung
- Users lose audio from their old Instagram videos
- Swiggy appoints Anand Kripalu as Independent Director, Chairperson of Board
- Sr Adv Dushyant Dave pens open letter to CJI over listing of cases in SC
YSRCP government committed to farmers' welfare: Deputy CM K Narayanaswamy
- Each borewell machine will dig around 16,000-17,000 wells in the constituency under the scheme
- The government will bear the entire expenses of conducting surveys and digging the borewell
Chittoor: Deputy Chief Minister K Narayanaswamy said that the government has proposed to sink 2 lakh borewells for marginal farmers free of cost with an outlay of Rs 1,600 crore under the YSR Jala Kala scheme.
Participating in the inaugural function of YSR Jala Kala scheme here on Monday, Narayanaswamy described Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy as an Rythu Paksha Pathi enlisting the achievements and commitments of government.
He reeled out the schemes launched by the government for the benefit of farmers and added the Jala Kala scheme would be a boon on the part of district farmers, where ground water levels have come down drastically.
He instructed the concerned authorities to give priority for SC,ST and BC farmers while implementing Jala Kala scheme.
District Collector Dr N B Gupta said the district got 13 Jala Kala scheme vehicles in which each constituency of the district except Tirupati would be covered with the vehicle. Joint Director of Agriculture Vijayakumar said impetus would be given for creating awareness among farmers for availing the scheme. Earlier, Narayanaswamy has flagged off the Jala Kala scheme vehicles.