- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
6 civilians injured in Pakistan shelling on LoC
Six civilians were injured in Pakistani shelling along the LoC in North Kashmir's Kupwara district on Friday, officials said.
Srinagar: Six civilians were injured in Pakistani shelling along the LoC in North Kashmir's Kupwara district on Friday, officials said.
According to reports, Pakistan resorted to shelling in Tangdhar and Rangward injuring three civilians in each of the two sectors.
"The six injured civilians have been evacuated and moved to a hospital," Shriram Ambarkar, SSP Kupwara, told IANS.
The conditions of some of those injured is said to be critical.
Earlier in the day, Pakistan resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation using long-range mortars and small arms to target defence positions and civilian areas close to the LoC in Kupwara's Naugam sector.