- KTR, Bandi lock in twitter tiff over national tag for PRRLI project
- YSRCP takes Chandragiri constituency into poll mode
- Tension grips Nandyal after residents oppose demolition drive
- ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ held in its true spirit in Tirupati
- BRS MLC resigns to join Congress
- Telangana: Tough task for BRS to retain city seats
- Yes, it'll be Kurukshetra…We’re Pandavas: Pawan
- Stung by Modi’s jibe, KTR says BRS is a family of 4 cr people in TS
- ‘Jai Bheem’ Nageswara Rao’s services hailed
- ISTC gets best women’s engg college award
Delhi: 3 rescued from burning house
Three members of a family were rescued from a burning house in south Delhi's Greater Kailash-1 on Friday morning, police said.
New Delhi: Three members of a family were rescued from a burning house in south Delhi's Greater Kailash-1 on Friday morning, police said.
A call was received at 6.55 am about a fire at the second and third floors of the house, a senior police officer said.
"Amit Sudhakar (56), his wife Shalini (48), and mother Sudha (87) were trapped on the balcony of the third floor which was covered with an iron grill," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) Atul Kumar Thakur said.
The fire started at the second floor of the building and engulfed the third floor as well, a senior police officer said.
The blaze was doused and the people were rescued with the help of the fire department personnel, police said.