Rahul Gandhi visit to Odisha's Kandhamal cancelled due to thunderstorm
Polling for the Lok Sabha and the Odisha assembly in the district will be held on April 18.
Bhubaneswar: Congress president Rahul Gandhi's scheduled visit to Odisha's Kandhamal district on Tuesday was cancelled, party sources said. Rahul Gandhi's visit was cancelled in view of a possible thunderstorm in Kandhamal area on Tuesday evening, a party communication said, adding that Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik and Chhattishgarh health minister T S Singhdeo will attend the programme.
Gandhi was supposed to address a public rally and participate in several programmes during his visit to Phulbani in the district. Polling for the Lok Sabha and the Odisha assembly in the district will be held on April 18.
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arunachal Assembly will have 20 first time MLAs
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting