- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Woman cop alleges rape by colleague on pretext of marriage in Odisha
A woman cop in Odisha on Monday alleged that she was raped by a sub-inspector (SI) on the pretext of marriage
Bhubaneswar: A woman cop in Odisha on Monday alleged that she was raped by a sub-inspector (SI) on the pretext of marriage.
The victim, who is also a sub-inspector, alleged that Silu Dha, SI of Khallikote police station in Ganjam district established a physical relationship with her on the pretext of marriage.
The woman cop arrived at the camp of Director General Police (DGP) here on Monday and lodged the complaint.
The woman, an SI of Daringibadi police station in Kandhamal district, alleged that the accused had also orchestrated a fake marriage after she lodged a complaint at Sarangad Police in the district.
"When I came to know about him getting married to another girl, I approached him to marry me. But he refused to do so citing my lower caste," she alleged.
The woman alleged that though she has registered a fresh case with Daringibadi police, no action has been taken yet.