Written by Sekhar Kammula, Sai Prasad
Based on Kahaani by Sujoy Ghosh
Starring Nayantara, Pasupathy, Vaibhav Reddy, Harshvardhan Rane
Music by M. M. Keeravani
Cinematography Vijay C. Kumar
Editing by Marthand K. Venkatesh
Studio Endemol India
Select Media Holdings
Here are things you must know about the movie before you book your tickets
- The movie is a crime drama directed by Shekar Kammula
- The screenplay for the Telugu version has been penned by renowned Telugu writer Yendauri Veerendranath
- Anamika is the Telugu remake of the Hindi original Kahaani which starred Vidya Balan and went on to become a super duper hit
- Kahaani was set in Kolkata while Shekar has extensively shot Anamika in the dusty streets of the Old Hyderabad City.
- The movie is a bilingual, made simultaneously in Tamil too
- The first choice to play the lead was Anushka Shetty. However, her unavailability owing to her allotting bulk dates to period films (read Guna Shekar's Rudhramadevi and Rajamouli's Baahubali). Thus, the role went to Nayanthara.
Story: Anaamika (Nayanathara) comes to India from Gettysburg USA, in search of her missing husband Ajay (Harshavardhan Rane). She reaches the Old City area in Hyderabad and starts looking around for her husband in the Galaxy Hotel area, where he was last seen.
She also files a complaint with the local police station. However, one man comes to her rescue and that is Inspector Sarathy (Vaibhav Reddy). They begin searching for her missing husband but very soon, big forces come into play. The lives of Sarathy and Anaamika are in danger, as ruthless people try to protect a dark secret.
How Anaamika gets to the bottom of the mystery and solves her problems is what this story is all about.
Watch the trailer of the movie here
Hansindia Rating: 3/5