Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Syndrome (EHS) aka wireless or gadget allergy is characterized by a group of symptoms believed to be caused by exposure to electromagnetic fields. The medical term is idiopathic environmental intolerance attributed to electromagnetic fields (IEI-EMF). In general understanding idiopathic refers to something where the fact remains unknown.


EHS is a condition in which people are highly sensitive to electromagnetic fields. The symptoms, which are subjective and individual-related, include headache, fatigue, nausea, burning and itchy skin, and muscle aches. Exhaustive studies and research has revealed that they are more likely to occur at constant exposure to electromagnetic fields from sources like radar dishes, mobile phone signals and Wi-Fi hotspots. 

An even more dangerous omen is that Wi-Fi is potentially worse than other known forms of radiation. Although, we are surrounded with electro-magnetic fields Wi-Fi is a radio wave that operates at either 2.4 or 5 gigahertz, which is marginally higher than the mobile phone, which implies that they emit greater amounts of electromagnetic radiation.

The reported symptoms of EHS are a real disabling problem for the affected person, though there is no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to electromagnetic field exposure. 

The majority of provocation trials to date have found that self-described sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to distinguish between exposure and non-exposure to electromagnetic fields, and it is not recognized as a medical condition by the medical or scientific communities. 

 

People who report electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to detect the presence of electromagnetic fields and are as likely to report ill health following a sham exposure as they are following exposure to genuine electromagnetic fields, suggesting the cause to be the nocebo effect

Stay updated on the go with The Hans India News App. Click the icons to download it for your device.