GATE has become an essential footstep for students aiming to pursue their masters in engineering. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the gateway to the top engineering and science colleges in the country. Year on year, only a select few make it through the competitive entrance exam.
The country has observed a trend amongst the engineering students where they start working after their graduation to get a better understanding of life at work and the fundamentals to excel in their careers. The budding engineers very soon realize the importance of higher studies bearing in mind the competition in the market and mostly decide to further their qualification in their field.
A lot of students start preparing for GATE during their college as well. To begin with, the students have to understand that preparing for GATE is not a cake walk as it requires a lot of dedication and diligence.
While preparing for GATE, students cannot afford to allow deviations and should concentrate entirely on it. Enthusiastic working professionals often resign from their jobs to prepare for GATE while students preparing for GATE mostly should start preparing for it from the 3rd year of their engineering.
The GATE score represent the Normalized performance of the student in Exam. It is used to compare students among multiple streams and also students who has appeared in previous year ( GATE score is valid for three yrs)
The score is used for admissions to various post-graduate programs (e.g. Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Doctor of Philosophy) in Indian higher education institutes, with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other government agencies. Recently, GATE scores are also being used by several Indian public sector undertakings (i.e., government-owned companies) for recruiting graduate engineers in entry-level positions.
1. IISc, IITs, NITs, Central University, Govt. Colleges, Private colleges accept GATE score for their ME, M.Tech, M.S. and PhD programs. There are more than 10,000 seats available.
2. Stipend: 8000/- per month & 22000/- per month is provided to students pursuing Masters and PhD respectively
3. A student with a valid GATE score also becomes eligible for Project Assistanceship at IITs / IISc and NITs
ii. PSU jobs
1. Direct Interview call: IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BPCL, HPCL, GAIL, MECON,CONCOR, MECL, NALCO, DDA Calls
2. 60+ PSUs to be joined by 2016
Highest Salary (Domestic)
iii. MBA: NITIE, MUMBAI
1. AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Supply Chain Management
IT and Systems
Finance and Human Resources Management
iv. IIM Fellowship
1. Fellowship program is equivalent to PhD.
2. Stipend : Rs. 22,000/-per month
v. Study Abroad
1. NUS, NTU Singapore accept GATE Score.
2. Aachen University Germany accepts GATE Score.
(Best Known for Mechanical and Automobile Engg.)
3. Technical University of Munich accepts GATE Score.
4. GATE qualified students also get a handsome Scholarship Abroad
vi. Private sector jobs
1. Technical Interview : GATE Score preferred
by Mr.Nitin Rakesh Prasad, Co-Founder, THE GATE ACADEMY