- Yes, it'll be Kurukshetra…We’re Pandavas: Pawan
- Stung by Modi’s jibe, KTR says BRS is a family of 4 cr people in TS
- ‘Jai Bheem’ Nageswara Rao’s services hailed
- ISTC gets best women’s engg college award
- PM dedicates new railway line, five buildings at UoH
- Amruta Ravali mesmerises music lovers
- TDP organises Maha March
- Guntur: GMC cancels Spandana
- Deficit rainfall in Balapur viewed as a ‘gift in disguise by officials
- Hyderabad: Agarwal Samaj organises ‘rath yatra’; holds special general meeting
Bayyaram Bus Yatra to begin on May 27
Demanding the government not to supply Bayyaram ore to Vizag Steel Plant, a Bus Yatra will begin in Hyderabad on 27, according TJAC Chairman Prof...
Demanding the government not to supply Bayyaram ore to Vizag Steel Plant, a Bus Yatra will begin in Hyderabad on 27, according TJAC Chairman Prof Kodandaram at a meeting of the organization on Saturday. TJAC leaders Srinivas Goud Devisri Prasad, Vithal and others participated in the meeting and shared their views on Bus Yatra. The sole intention of Yatra was to prevent the government from implementing its plans shifting Telangana resources to VIzag Steel Plant. 'Bayyaram steel was Telangana right', he reiterated . The Bus Yatra from will start from Hyderabad on 27 at 8 am and reach out to Damara village en route to Shamirpet, Pragnapur and Hasnabad, he said. On the following day the yatra will continue from Hanmakonda and pass through Narsampet and Mahabubabad and finally reach out to Bayyaram, Kodandaram stated. A public meeting would be addressed in Bayyaram wherein a large number of people from all adjoining villages and towns will join. Besides a sizeable number of Telangana protagonists, leaders and activists from Telangana districts would attend the occasion. The public meeting will be of its kind to reflect the sentiment of people who will extend their support to statehood demand, he added. Besides top leaders of TRS and other like-minded parties would join the meeting, he said and added that a resolution will be passed to mount pressure on the government to stop its plan to shift Bayyaram steel. It is for the government to protect the interests of the region and the resources will be protected. " We will be getting ready to show our strength, if the government tries to shift the iron ore from Bayyaram, Kodandaram said.