- Preconceptional Counselling
- Telangana will prosper if Cong wins: Vijayashanti
- AMD’s largest design centre takes off in India
- Govt aims at high quality medical care: Buggana
- India Inc’s credit metrics improving
- Transcending political fray: An independent “roar” in Shadnagar
- LIC receives Silver medal for excellence in display
- AP High Court posts Naidu's anticipatory bail plea in IRR case to Friday
- KCR Raj will end on Dec 3: Congress
- Haryana’s whiz kid strikes jackpot, wins Rs 1 cr in ‘KBC 15’
Three die after consuming spurious liquor near Alwal
Hyderabad : Three persons died after consuming spurious liquor at Chukkamma Kunta in Jawahar Nagar near Alwal on Friday morning. Enraged by the...
Hyderabad : Three persons died after consuming spurious liquor at Chukkamma Kunta in Jawahar Nagar near Alwal on Friday morning. Enraged by the deaths, residents of the village took out a rally demanding closure of belt shops in the locality.
According to Alwal police, Ch Mallesh, Bheemiah, and Kalendar fell ill after consuming liquor at a shop located in the area. Mallesh and Bheemiah died on the spot, while Kalendar died at a local hospital where he was admitted for treatment. The deceased hail from low income families.
Shobha Reddy, a local women's leader, demanded compensation and government jobs to kin of the victims. She alleged that scores of belt shops were being operated in the village and as a result, hundreds of families have been affected badly.
DIG and Director, Enforcement (Prohibition and Excise) D S Chauhan visited the village and gathered information about the incident. He assured the agitators that necessary action would be taken against the belt shops. He said the families of the deceased would be supported by all means. The bodies were sent to Gandhi Medical Hospital for conducting post-mortem. The police registered a case and took up investigation.