- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
- After students’ stir, Manipur govt reimposes internet ban for 5 days
- Bengal Guv finally clears file for oath of new MLA, but bypasses Speaker
- Maha Congress: PM’s ‘urban Naxals’ jibe at Oppn came out of ‘despair’
- District SP Gaus Alam asks devotees to perform Ganesh immersion with devotion
- Delhi L-G urges neighboring states to address crop residue burning for air quality improvement
- Electoral Roll Observer E Sridhar holds review meet
- PL Sector Update - Retail - - D'Mart Ready retains competitive advantage
- Kejriwal to announce Winter Action Plan on Sep 29 as Delhi tries to fight pollution
Parking of funds by officials stumps PAC
Hyderabad: The AP Public Accounts Committee headed by R Prakash Reddy met on Monday and discussed about parking of funds of various departments...
Hyderabad: The AP Public Accounts Committee headed by R Prakash Reddy met on Monday and discussed about parking of funds of various departments against the norms. It was found that the officials opened personal deposit accounts (PDAs) and parked the funds released under different heads illegally.
PAC member and Nandigama MLA D Umamaheswar Rao is said to have asked the officials of the Finance Department as to why the government had not taken action against the officials who parked crores of rupees in PDAs against the guidelines. He asked whether the government was aware of the quantum of funds lying in PDAs.
He said that the funds released by the government should not be parked in any bank account at any stage.A It is learnt that Congress MLC and PAC member B Chengalraidu also found fault with the Finance Department for not taking action against the guilty officials. He said that the Finance Department should take steps to check such malpractices and ensure that they do not recur. He wanted to know if there was any mechanism in place to review such balances in PDAs.
Congress MLC and another member T Bhanu Prasad also expressed his shock over the parking of government funds in PDAs in a big way. He said that the government should stop such practices in future. He said that many departments resorted to the system and it should be curtailed immediately. PAC chairman R Prakash Reddy said that the government should submit all details on parking of funds before committee as early possible. "The funds of the government should not be misused with the system," he reportedly observed.