- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
- Delhi Police arrest NewsClick founder Prabir Purkayastha
- ICC names Sachin Tendulkar as Global Ambassador for Men’s Cricket World Cup
Venkaiah raps Cong for politicising Ishrat case
Hyderabad : Any effort to implicate Narendra Modi, the most popular leader in the country, in Ishrat Jahan's encounter case would boomerang on...
Hyderabad : Any effort to implicate Narendra Modi, the most popular leader in the country, in Ishrat Jahan's encounter case would boomerang on Congress party, BJP senior leader M Venkaiah Naidu warned on Saturday. People of the country would not tolerate any steps by the Congress party to compromise on nation's security, he said.
Addressing a press conference at BJP state office in Nampally, the Rajya Sabha MP slammed the Congress for politicising the encounter case only to gain mileage out of it. He, however, cautioned the rival party not to play with fire by dragging Modi's name into the case. "One should not forget that the Congress is notoriously known for misusing the CBI, in its favour, to harass its political opponents, to keep the supporting parties under control and also to win over the neutrals as and when necessary," Naidu said.
After failing on all fronts and betraying people on its promises, Congress was trying to divert attention of people and hence resorting to such dirty tricks to tarnish the image of the BJP and its leaders particularly Narendra Modi, the BJP leader charged. Rich tributes were paid to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee on the occasion of his 102nd birth anniversary at a programme held at BJP state office on Saturday.
Naidu pointed out that Dr Mukherjee became a martyr for the sake of unity and integrity of the nation. His martyrdom resulted in abolition of 'Do Pradhan�Do Nishan' and brought Jammu and Kashmir under the purview of Supreme Court and Election Commission. Repealing of Article 370 in Kashmir would be the real tribute to the great leader. G Kishan Reddy, Bandaru Dattatreya, N Indrasena Redy, Ch Vidyasagar Rao, P Muralidhar Rao and Dr Nagam Janardhan Reddy were present on the occasion.