- Shehnaz Gill shares relationship advice with ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ contestant: ‘Move on, therapy le le’
- 'IBD 3' winner Samarpan Lama: Would love to choreograph Siddharth Malhotra, Tom Holland
- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
4 Seemandhra cong Mp's resign says we resigned on public demand
Undavalli Says We Resigned on Public Demand. Seemandhra MPs had a meeting with Speaker Meira Kumar in New Delhi on Saturday. Lagadapati Raj Gopal , K. Anantha Ramieeddy, Pratap
Seemandhra MPs Lagadapati Raj Gopal,A. Sai Pratap,Undavalli Arun Kumar, Anantha Venkata RamiReddy had a meeting with Speaker Meira Kumar in New Delhi on Saturday.
Talking to reporters post meeting, Undavalli Arun Kumar said: "We requested the speaker to accept our resignations. We also made it clear to her that we have resigned at our own will and not under any political pressure. We gave our resignation in full consciousness."
Meira Kumar held a one-on-one meeting with the politicians where they explained to her the reasons for their resignations.
"We told her that the issue will reach the Cabinet only if the MPs resign. Although we announced our resignations on August 2 itself, it couldn't happen for various reasons."
"We acted in the best interest of the people," he added.
When asked if their resignations will be accepted, he said: "The speaker will act as per rules. From our side, we feel it will be accepted."