X
X
Top

Lokayukta notice to AP

Lokayukta notice to AP
x
Highlights

The Lokayukta on Wednesday served notices to the Andhra Pradesh government on scrapping the PPAs (Power Purchase Agreements) entered by APGENCO with the Telangana State power utilities. An advocate, Janardhan Goud, submitted a petition to the Lokaukta, urging it to take action against the AP government for violating the AP Reorganisation Act,

APGenco cancelled PPAs with TS power utilities

Hyderabad: The Lokayukta on Wednesday served notices to the Andhra Pradesh government on scrapping the PPAs (Power Purchase Agreements) entered by APGENCO with the Telangana State power utilities. An advocate, Janardhan Goud, submitted a petition to the Lokaukta, urging it to take action against the AP government for violating the AP Reorganisation Act, under which AP and Telangana States should share the power generated in both the States and also continue the PPAs signed in the erstwhile united AP.

The court asked the AP government to explain the reasons behind its 'arbitrary' decision of annulling the PPAs on or before January 19. Telangana government is already fighting against AP on the issue of PPAs at the Centre. The complainant argued that as per the Reorganisation Act, AP should abide by the PPAs and supply power to Telangana.

Telangana has got 53.89 per cent and the remaining 46.11 per cent power has been allotted to AP. AP contended that since there was no approval for the PPAs from the Electricity Regulation Commission, all the agreements were null and void after the division of State.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories