- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
CPI demands loans for ryots
Communist party of India (CPI) State secretary K Ramakrishna lashed out at the State government for not sanctioning crop loans to the farmers, including tenant farmers and neglecting the agriculture sector. A month had already passed since the beginning of the kharif season, but government was hardly bothered about distributing seeds, he hit out.
Vijayawada: Communist party of India (CPI) State secretary K Ramakrishna lashed out at the State government for not sanctioning crop loans to the farmers, including tenant farmers and neglecting the agriculture sector. A month had already passed since the beginning of the kharif season, but government was hardly bothered about distributing seeds, he hit out.
- Party State secretary Ramakrishna alleges that farmers where were left in lurch as it’s been a month since kharif season has started
- Accuses Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu of totally neglecting agriculture sector
He participated in a dharna staged by the CPI district unit at the Lenin centre here on Wednesday. Speaking on the occasion, he said that farmers of State need Rs 70,000 crore crop loans in the current kharif season for cultivation of 43.88 lakh hectares area. However, he alleged that the State-level bankers’ meet had only decided to sanction only Rs 38,000 crore crop loans to farmers.
He said not even 20 per cent of the targeted loans were sanctioned to the farmers this season. He demanded the government to sanction crop loans to the tenant farmers irrespective of the previous loans, distribute seeds, agriculture tools to the farmers and fertilisers on the subsidy rates.
The CPI leader also demanded that the government should announce package to tenant farmers of the endowment lands in Amaravati capital region and extend the time for implementation of Prime Minister Fazal insurance scheme in the State.
Ramakrishna alleged that Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu was giving utmost importance to construction of capital, while completely ignoring the problems of the common people and farmers. He expressed concern that the agriculture sector was grossly neglected under the TDP government.
CPI leaders Ch Koteswara Rao Narla Koteswara Rao, M Yalamanda Rao, Konda Veeraswamy and others participated in the dharna.