Naidu hiking estimates to benefit contractors on Vamsadhara Project

Naidu hiking estimates to benefit contractors on Vamsadhara Project
x
Highlights

Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu escalated Vamsadhara reservoir estimations from Rs 54 crore to Rs 400 crore to benefit contractors, charged YSRC president YS Jaganmohan Reddy.He toured Hiramandalam village in the district on Friday and interacted with farmers and displaced. Speaking on the occasion, he accused the TDP government of neglecting farmers and displaced with regard to rehabilitation

Srikakulam: Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu escalated Vamsadhara reservoir estimations from Rs 54 crore to Rs 400 crore to benefit contractors, charged YSRC president YS Jaganmohan Reddy.He toured Hiramandalam village in the district on Friday and interacted with farmers and displaced. Speaking on the occasion, he accused the TDP government of neglecting farmers and displaced with regard to rehabilitation and resettlement (R&R) package.

Highlights:

  • YSRCP chief Y S Jagan accuses the Chief Minister of neglecting farmers
  • Alleges that Rajya Sabha MP C M Ramesh is demanding 30% commission from contractors
  • Vows to fight for the cause of farmers

Displaced persons; B.Ravi of Padali, B Srinivasa Rao of Tulagam, a blind woman, Simma Chandramma and others narrated their plight to Jagan. They charged the government with not paying R&R package as per LA Act – 2013. “There is no transparency in payments for youth package and house sites are not allotted they said. Making scathing remarks against Naidu, Jagan alleged that the chief Minister escalated the project cost to accrue benefit to his benami CM Ramesh, who demands 30 per cent commission from contractors.

“TDP government will drown in Bay of Bengal in the upcoming elections. We will come to power and will provide R&R package to displaced persons as per Land Acquisition Act – 2013,” he assured.The Opposition leader claimed that 90 per cent of reservoir works were completed during YSR regime with Rs 875 crore. “To complete remaining 10 per cent works, which should cost only Rs 54 crore, the government is taking three years,” he fumed.

“When TDP came to power state had Rs 97,000 crore debt but now it has increased to Rs 2.16 lakh crore but backward district like Srikakulam did not get even Rs 1,000 crore for development,” he noted. He vowed to fight with the TDP government for better R&R package to displaced families. Displaced persons; B.Ravi of Padali, B Srinivasa Rao of Tulagam, a blind woman, Simma Chandramma and others narrated their plight to Jagan. They charged the government with not paying R&R package as per LA Act – 2013. “There is no transparency in payments for youth package and house sites are not allotted they said.

Party leaders, Tammineni Sitaram, Dharmana Prasada Rao, Dharmana Krishna Das, Reddy Shanthi and others were also present. Earlier, senior Congress leader and former MLC Vasireddy Varadarama Rao of Terlam in Vizianagaram district and S Appala Raju a doctor from Palasa joined in YSRC in presence of Jagan at Ranastalam.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Next Story
More Stories