- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Residential degree college for women in Nellore soon
Municipal Administration minister P. Narayana said the state government is planning to start a residential degree college for women in Nellore to provide quality education. He participated in a formal meeting with Muslims in city here on Sunday.
Nellore: Municipal Administration minister P. Narayana said the state government is planning to start a residential degree college for women in Nellore to provide quality education. He participated in a formal meeting with Muslims in city here on Sunday.
Speaking on the occasion, municipal minister said that they would construct Haj houses in Vijayawada and Kurnool districts taking Kadapa Haj house being constructed with Rs. 12 cr as model one. Government had allocated Rs.1,962 cr for development of minorities in the budget, said the minister.
State government had increased the minority gurukulams from 6 to 20 and also said that the state government had allocated Rs. 12 cr for 73 Shaadi Manzils. Minister explained that they had sanctioned Rs.5 cr for development of mosques across the state and Rs. 100 cr under Dulhan Scheme. He also said that they had renovated 140 mosques in view of Ramzan. He said assistance of Rs. 50 lakh has been sanctioned for development of 138 mosques in the district.
Narayana said that they would start municipal residential junior colleges across the state after observing results in Nellore College. Minister visited Municipal Residential Junior College at V.R. College campus and interacted with students in the college. He enquired students about the facilities being provided by the Corporation.
City mayor Abdul Aziz said the state government had sanctioned Rs. 840 cr for minorities even though it has been facing financial crunch. He said they had taken development works at Bara Shaheed Dargah, ghats, and water sports with Rs. 10 cr. He also said they had proposed Rs. 5 cr for development of Shadi Khana in Kotamitta area.