- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Fire at rice mill destroys stock worth 1 crore
A major fire broke out at Ayyappa traders rice mill in Gollaprolu near here on Wednesday. Electric short-circuit was stated to be the cause for the mishap. The loss of property due to fire accident was put at Rs 1 crore.
Pithapuram: A major fire broke out at Ayyappa traders rice mill in Gollaprolu near here on Wednesday. Electric short-circuit was stated to be the cause for the mishap. The loss of property due to fire accident was put at Rs 1 crore.
While paddy is being milled, at once fire broke out in the machine section and the mill workers raised a hue and cry and ran out of the mill. Rice mill machinery, paddy bags, plastic rice bags, packing machines, electric equipment and other goods were destroyed in the mishap. Tonnes of paddy and rice kept ready for milling caught fire.
To bring the flames under control became a Herculean task as the mill’s upper part caught fire. Fire brigade personnel led by divisional fire officer Ratnaraju, tried to bring the flames under control. Mill owner Velugula Ayya Rao put the loss due to the mishap at Rs 1 crore.