- Visakhapatnam: Rising premature heart strokes, a cause for concern
- Harish Rao lays foundation for two medical colleges
- Rajamahendravaram: Rally organised to mark Milad-un-Nabi
- Dr Swaminathan’s demise a great loss: Singireddy
- Father of Green Revolution’s services to nation praised
- KCR condoles demise of MS Swaminathan
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 29 September, 2023
- Gold and silver rate in Hyderabad today slashes, check the rates on September 29, 2023
- Vijayawada: Krishna dist junior Rugby teams selected
- Kharge welcomes top BRS leaders into Congress
Govt sanctions houses to fishermen in Guntur
Narasaraopet MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao distributed financial assistance papers to fishermen residing at Nagarjunasagar here on Thursday
Guntur: Narasaraopet MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao distributed financial assistance papers to fishermen residing at Nagarjunasagar here on Thursday.
Earlier, he met the Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and requested him to sanction financial assistance to 270 fishermen for the construction of houses at Nagarjunasagar.
Responding to his request, the government sanctioned houses to 77 of the total 277 fishermen.
The MP distributed the same to the fishermen during the first phase at his residence in Guntur city.
Speaking on this occasion, he said that the government led by Chandrababu Naidu was committed to the welfare of poor and reminded them that the TDP government was distributing cycles and nets to the fishermen.
TDP state secretary Rayapati Ranga Rao was also present.