Nissan Kicks Details Revealed; Bookings To Begin From December 14
The compact SUV will go on sale in January 2019 It is powered by a set of 1.5-litre petrol and diesel...
The compact SUV will go on sale in January 2019
- It is powered by a set of 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, same as the Captur.
- Dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and BA are standard.
- Gets a segment-first 360-degree camera.
- Expected to be priced from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 14 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Shares the B0 platform with Renault-Nissan alliance SUVs in India such as the Captur, Duster and the Terrano.
- Will go up against the Hyundai Creta and the Renault Captur along with the upcoming Kia SP2i SUV.
Nissan India is all set to launch its first new product in years, the Kicks SUV, in January 2019. The production of the compact SUV is already underway and dealers across the country have started accepting bookings unofficially for a token amount of Rs 50,000. Official bookings will start from 14 December 2018.
While the launch of the Kicks is still a few weeks away, the carmaker has revealed the details of the upcoming SUV.
Engine & transmission
- The Kicks is powered by the same set of 1.5-litre diesel and petrol engines that are offered with the Captur and the Duster.
- The petrol engine makes 106PS/142Nm, coupled with a 5-speed MT.
- The diesel engine, on the other hand, is good for 110PS/240Nm, paired with a 6-speed MT.
- At launch, the Kicks will not be available with an automatic transmission.
- For safety, the Kicks is equipped with dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and BA as well as ISOFIX child seat anchors as standard.
- It also gets side airbags, ESP and hill start assist. However, they are expected to be limited to the top-spec variant only.
- Also on offer is an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, 360-degree camera, auto AC (standard) with rear AC vents, push-button start/stop, auto LED projector headlamps, rain sensing wipers, front and rear fog lamps, cruise control and an analogue-digital instrument cluster, like the one on the Captur.
- The Kicks also comes with a segment-first 360-degree camera. It offers a virtual bird’s eye view, front view, side view and rear view of the SUV.
- Since it is a Nissan, the Kicks is also equipped with Nissan Connect, which is a telematics service from Nissan. In the existing models, Nissan Connect shows updates about the car's health or if it overspeeds. It also has features like live tracking and curfew alerts (sends out a notification when the car is driven beyond a preset restricted time). Moreover, with the Kicks, it will also offer smartwatch support for the Nissan Connect. Read in detail about the Nissan Connect here.
- It gets dual-tone chocolate brown and black leather upholstery along with a colour-coded soft-touch material on the dashboard.
- The Nissan Kicks has a boot space of 400-litres, which is nearly identical to its arch-rival, the Hyundai Creta.
Pricing and Rivals
- The Kicks is expected to be priced from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 14 lakh (ex-showroom).
- It will take on likes of the Renault Captur, S-Cross, Hyundai Creta and the upcoming Kia SP2i (codenamed).
Also Read: India-spec Nissan Kicks: First Look
- Amarinder should resign if Congress loses in Punjab says Navjot Kaur Sidhu
- Over 43% voting till 3 p.m. in 7th phase Lok Sabha polls
- Specially-abled woman votes in Madhya Pradesh
- World's highest polling station at Tashigang village in Himachal
- As Mamata talks of 'revenge', BJP demands central forces in Bengal till MCC ends