Setting the fastest times of the annual drag race event atop a Yamaha YZF-R1 and in a Lamborghini Huracan, respectively
Speed lovers thronged to the Aamby Valley air strip in Lonavala to see some of the fastest machines and their riders/drivers test their mettle. Scorching heat, a dusty track, changing winds and administrative delays did not deter both the participants and spectators from enjoying some close fought battles down the quarter-mile stretch of the Aamby Valley air strip.
While there was obviously a large presence of competitors from Mumbai and Pune, the event saw people coming from as far as Kolkata compete. In the two-wheeler categories, it was participants from Mumbai who dominated. The fastest time of the event though, was clocked by Hyderabadi Mohammed Ryaz, who clocked a time of 9.686 seconds on his Yamaha YZF-R1 in the M9 ( 881cc to 1050cc, 4-Stroke) class.
Racing in the vast car categories saw two prominent names emerge, one each for the fastest time by a car manufactured in India and the fastest time set by a foreign manufactured car. Mumbaikar Rishad Dadachanji took the coveted fastest car at the Valley Run 2018 award and the category win in the J - Unrestricted Class with a time of 10.849 seconds in his orange Lamborghini Huracan. Rishad posted consistent lap times throughout the weekend with 10.962s and 10.973s in the H3 and the I2 & I3 (Merged) Classes, respectively.
Meanwhile, it was the turn of one of Indian enthusiasts’ favourite car, the first-gen Skoda Octavia, to post the fastest time set by an Indian manufactured car. Stephen Panchigalla from Visakhapatnam clocked 13.366s in his Skoda Octavia in the J- Unrestricted Class.
(Class, CC/ Type, Stroke)
- M6 - Class from 361 to 550cc (Indian Produced) - 4-Stroke: 1-Iqbal Shaikh (Mum; KTM RC 390; 13.144s); 2-R Ashwinikumar (Chennai; KTM RC 390; 13.243s); 3-Manthan Harvande (Raigad; KTM 390; 13.290s)
- M7: Class 551 to 850cc (Sport - Inline 3/4) 4-Stroke: 1-Zarvan Batliwala (Mum; Daytona 675; 10.823s); 2-Mohd Riyaz (Secunderabad; Yamaha R6; 10.903s); 3-Prathamesh Boulinjkar (Mum; Triumph Daytona; 10.931s)
- M8: Class from 649 to850cc (Single Twin/L) 4-Stroke: 1-Surya Servai (Mum; Kawazaki Ninja; 12.422s); 2-Zarvan Batliwalla (Mum; Kawasaki EREN; 12.427s); 3-Ratish Nair (Navi Mumbai; Ninja; 12.532s)
- M9: Class 881cc to 1050cc – 4-Stroke - 1-Mohd. Riaz (Hyd; Yamaha R1; 9.686s); 2-Zahir Shah (Mum; BMW s1000RR; 10.001s); 3-Alimon (Bengaluru; Kawasaki Ninja; 10.087s)
- M10: Class 1051cc & Above – 4-Stroke - 1-Zahir Shah (Mum; Suzuki Hayabusa; 10.135s); 2-Hemanth Muddappa; Bengaluru; Suzuki Hatyabusa; 10.317s) 3-Harizulla Khan (Bengaluru; Suzuki Hayabusa; 10.380s)
- P Muscle Bike - Open: 1-Pravin Jadhav (Pune; 11.746); 2-Ankur Chouksey (Indore; 12.336s); 3-Anvay Patil )(Mum; 14.118s) - all -Ducati Diavel
- O2 (Open Class) Foreign - 551cc & Above, Unrestricted: 1-Sundeep Singh Sokhi (Secunderabad; Kawasaki ZX 14R; 9.917s); 2-Mohd. Riyaz (Hyd; Yamaha R1; 9.965s); 3-Zubair Ali Jung (Bengaluru; Suzuki Hayabusa; 10.048s)
- W1 - Indian Fastest Wheeler Class: 1-Sachin Khengle (Navi Mumbai; KTM RC 390; 19.312s); 2-Branco Gomes (Mumbai; Pulsar 220; 21.774s); 3-Shabaz Vora (Thane; Bajaj Pulsar; 23.556s)
- W2 Foreign Fastest Wheelie Class: 1-Nadeem Shah (Mumbai; Kawasaki Z1000; 12.502s); 2-Shahbaz Vora (Thane; Triumph; 12.980s).
- Fastest Foreign Bike of Event: O2 Class – Mohammed Riyaz (Hyd; Yamaha R1; 9.686s)
- Fastest Time of Event: O2 Class – Mohammed Riyaz (Hyd; Yamaha R1; 9.686s)
- Fastest Rider of Event – Female: M9 Class Sonia Patel (Guj; Aprilla RSV4; 11.854s)
- Fastest Time of Event - Female: M9 Class Sonia Patel (Guj; Aprilla RSV4; 11.854s).
(Class, CC/ Type, Stroke)
- A1: Cars from 1150cc (Street Petrol): 1-Nishan Naik (Mum; 18.473s); 2-Omkar Keny (Mum; 18.661s) – both Maruti Zen; 3-Dylan DS (Mum; Maruti Alto 18.908s)
- A2: Cars from 1151 to 1450c (Street Petrol): 1-Kartik Konchady (Mum; Maruti Esteem; 17.896s); 2-Pratik Rajput (Thn; Maruti Esteem; 17.946s); 3-Biten Jagasia (Mum; Swift Dezire; 18.245s)
- A3: Cars from 1451 to 1650c (Street Petrol): 1-Rahul Joshi (Mum; Honda City; 17.263s); 2-Harshal Patel (Mum; Honda City; 17.918s); 3-Jeet Tapaswi (Pune; Maruti Baleno; 17.936s)
- A4: Cars from 1651 to 2050c (Street Petrol) X-factor of 1.7 on Turbo: 1-Mikhail Fernandes (Mum; 16.367s); 2-Manan Rajgor (Mum; 16.480s) – both VW Polo GT TSI; 3-Swapnil Mekal (Mum; Honda Civic; 16.638s)
- A5: Cars from 2051 to 2550c (Street Petrol) X-factor of 1.7 on Turbo: 1-Tanmay Hotkar (Mum; Fiat Abrath Punto; 16.121s); 2-Sankkait Pathaare (Mum; Honda Accord; 16.128s); 3-Sagar Dangat (Pune; Honda Accord; 16.843s)
- A6: Cars from 2551 to 3060c (Street Petrol): 1-Umar Artani (Mum; 14.565s); 2-Abubakar Artani (Mum; 14.602s); 3-Alton John D’Souza (Goa; 16.236s) - all Skoda Laura
- A7: Cars from 3061 & Above (Street Petrol): 1-Anant Pithwalla (Mum; Skoda Octavi; 13.638s); 2-Minaam Multani (Mum; Mercedes CLA 200; 14.534s)
- B1 + B2 (Merged): Cars from 1150cc to 1450cc (pro Stock Petrol): 1- Md. Patel (Mum; Maruti Suzuki; 15.452s); 2-Tabish Patel (Mum; 15.799s); 3-Hussein Kachwalla (Mum; 16.183s) – both Maruti Esteem
- B3: Cars from 1451 to 1650cc (pro Stock Petrol): 1-Tejas Gaikwad (Mum; 15.929s); 2-Swajit Achrekar (Mum; 16.051s); 3-Sandeep Rajdev (Navi Mum; 16.764s) - All Honda City
- B4 + B5 (merged): Cars from 1651 to 2550cc (pro Stock Petrol): 1-Kamlesh Parmar (Mum; 14.291s); 2-Amit Kansara (Mum; 15.998s) – both Honda City; 3-Winston Brito (Goa; Maruti Esteem; 16.440s)
- B6: Cars from 2551 to 3060cc (pro Stock Petrol): 1-Anant Pithwala (Mum; 13.638s); 2-Tarun Manchanda (Mum; 13.887s); 3-Om Shaikh (Mum; 18.427s) - All Skoda Laura
- G: Indian Open – Stock & Unrestricted – Stock Body: 1-Anant Pithawalla (Mum; Skoda Laura; 13.417s); Vivek Ramchander (Bangalore; Laura TDI; 13.703s); Vikram Walia (Mum; Polo GT TSI; 13.858s)
- G2: Indian Open – Stock & Unrestricted – Altered/ Unrestricted: 1-Stephen Panchigalla (Vizag; Skoda Octavia; 13.917s)
- H1: Foreign Cars up to 3000cc (CBU/ Imports - Street - Petrol/ Diesel): 1-Danish Patel (Mum; 13.338s); 2-Anthony John (Mum; 13.734s) – VW Polo GT; 3-Sumukh Chabriaa (Mum; Mini Cooper; 13.973s)
- H2: Foreign Cars 3001 to 4000cc (CBU/ Imports - Street - Petrol/ Diesel): 1-Daljit Mehta (Mum; Porsche Carrera GTS; 12.474s); 2-Sundeep Sokhi (Hyd; Porshe Cayman S; 13.615s); 3-Abhishek Tapadia (Aurangabad; Porshe Cayman S; 13.711s)
- H3: Foreign Cars 4001cc & Above (CBU/ Imports - Street - Petrol/ Diesel): 1-Rishad Dadachanji (Mum; Lamborghini Huracan; 10.962); 2-Pranav Ghule (Mum; Audi R8; 11.413s)
- I1: Foreign Cars – Cars upto 3000cc– PRO Stock - Petrol/ Diesel - Foreign: 1-Stephen Panchigalla (Vizag; BMW M3; 12.543s); 2-Biren Pithwalla (Mum; Mitsubishi Lancer Evo; 12.668s); 3-Dharam Shah (Mum; Audi TT; 12.904s)
- I2 & I3 (Merged) – Cars 3001cc & Above - PRO Stock - Petrol/ Diesel - Foreign: 1-Rishad Dadachanji (Mum; Lamborghini Huracan; 10.973); 2-Pranav R Ghule (Mum; Audi R8; 11.378s); 3-Vanrajsinh Thakor (Guj; Porsche Cayenne; 13.626s)
- J: Unrestricted Class - Indian, Foreign & all types: 1-Rishad Dadachanji (Mum; Lamborghini Huracan; 10.849s); 2-Viral Choksi (Mum; Ford Mustang GT; 12.729s); 3-Stephen Panchigalla (Vizag; Skoda Octavia; 13.366s);
- K4: 1651-2050cc - Pro Stock Diesel 1-Shrikant Kandare (Raigad; Maruti Suzuki Ciaz; 17.500s); 2-Anupam Pathak (Mum; Toyota Etios; 18.416s); 3-Niranjan Todkari (Pune; Skoda Fabia; 18.774s)
- K5: 2051-2550cc - Pro Stock Diesel: 1-Junior Braganza (Goa; 16.078s); 2-Keith De’Souza (Goa; 16.789s) – both VW Polo GT TDI; 3-Akshay Mestry (Mum; VW Ameo; 17.106s)
- K6: 2551-3060cc - Pro Stock Diesel: 1-Vivek Ramchander (B'Lore; Skoda Laura; 13.963s); 2-Vikram Walia (Mum; BMW 320D; 14.414s); 3-Niket Bhanushali (Mum; BMW 320D; 15.595s)
- K7: 3061cc and Above - Pro Stock Diesel: 1-Tanmay Ugale (Pune; BMW 525D; 14.644s); 2-Dhairyasheel Patil (Satara; BMW 330D; 14.883s); 3-Jhanvi Bhavsar (Mum; BMW 525D; 14.892s)
- F: Indian Cars with Foreign Engine: 1-Jitendra Suri (Mum; Honda City; 13.638s); 2-Mohannadali Patel (Mum; Maruti Suzuki 16.237s); 3-Tabish Patel (Mum; Maruti Zen; 17.042s)
- Fastest Foreign Car: J Class - Rishad Dadachanji (Mum; Lamborghini Huracan; 10.849s)
- Fastest Indian Car: J Class - Stephen Panchigalla (Vizag; Skoda Octavia; 13.366s);
- Best Tuner - Indian Car: Tvara Performance (Vizag; Skoda Octavia; 13.366s)
- Fastest Indian Car (Diesel): K6 Class -Vivek Ramchander (B'Lore; Skoda Laura; 13.963s)
- Best Tuner - Indian Car (Diesel): K6 Class -Tuneotronics (B'lore; Laura TDI; 13.963s)
- Fastest Driver (Female): K7 Class - Jhanvi Bhavsar (Mum; BMW 525D; 14.892s).