The festive season calls for unique looks for every occasion. In addition to chic ethnic outfits, a glamorous make up look will define your beauty in the best way possible.
Glow like a star this festivity with make up essentials
Roy N Subramoney, Managing Director, INGLOT Cosmetics, APAC & Middle East lists some ways to look perfect this festive season.
- Bronzer: Bronzers are available in different shades. Opt for the one that matches your skin tone. A bronzer helps in creating an even skin tone and highlights the natural shadows on the face, giving it a more defined and angular appearance. Achieve the perfect look with baked, mineralised bronzers. If applied correctly it can help create a sun-kissed day or a glamorous night look.
- Shimmery or metallic eye-shadows: Such eye shadow not only luminates, but also drives attention towards the eyes. Use light colours such as golden bronze, pink shimmers for a delicate shine apt for day wear or opt for brighter and darker colours like pops of green, blue and purple for a bolder evening look.
- Use beige eye shadow as base on your eyelids to make bright, vibrant colours stand out. One can also use eye shadow instead of an eyeliner for a soft, smudged liner look. Accentuate your eyes further with mascara and eyeliner to finish the look.
- Glossy lipstick: Glossy lips are back in vogue. Opt for high gloss lip colours or lip oils in bright reds, hot pinks, crimson and shades of orange for the envious pout. Use a lip liner for better definition. You can also dab some gold dust or illuminator at the center of the lip for additional lustre. Further, If you prefer a bold look, go for a smokey eye and pair it up with bright glossy lips
- The radiant highlighter: Create make-up looks with the glamorous glow this festive season. A highlighter improves one's natural radiance adding a gorgeous finishing touch to your festive look. The highlighter base should preferably match the base of the foundation. Ishita Khanna, a celebrity make-up artist on Tata Sky Beauty, too feels that festive occasions call for louder make up than your everyday appearance.
- "Try Violet, Green and Yellow colours - that are not usually on your makeup palette for daily application but these darker shades would work wonders for a festive look! It's best to apply these colours on your eyes - winged or smokey look is a sure shot to get it right.
- "If you're a pro with handling the make-up brush, you can try out a few geometrical patterns on your eyelids for a more dramatic appearance. Stick to a nude palette for your face and lips and allow your eyes to do the talking with these shades. Play up the look with matching accessories to stand out in a crowd," she said.