- TDP will regain glory in Telangana: Chandrababu Naidu
- Modi thanks US Speaker for inviting him to address joint meeting of Congress
- Haryana farmers protesting on NH 44 over sunflower seeds procurement baton-charged
- CM Kejriwal approves 24x7 operations for 155 shops and commercial establishments in Delhi
- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
Singer Manna Dey passes away in Bangalore
Playback Singer Manna Dey Passes Away In Bangalore, Manna Dey No More, Singer Manna Dey, 94, Dies. India's 94-year-old legendary playback singer Manna Dey passed away after a prolonged illness in the wee hours of Thursday at a private hospital on this city's outskirts.
Bangalore: India's 94-year-old legendary playback singer Manna Dey passed away after a prolonged illness in the wee hours of Thursday at a private hospital on this city's outskirts.
"Dey breathed his last around 4 a.m. after his condition suddenly deteriorated in the wee hours though he was on a ventilator," K.S.Vasuki, spokesman of Narayana Hrudayalaya, told IANS.
Dey, who was ailing for over four months, leaves behind two daughters Rama and Sumita. "Dey's eldest daughter (Rama) was at his bedside after we alerted her father's deteriorating condition," Vasuki said.
Sumita lives in the US, according to Dey's family. Dey was admitted to the private hospital in July after he suffered lung infection and was undergoing treatment for respiratory disease.