India Inc raises $3.16 bn from foreign markets
India Inc raised $3.16 billion from overseas markets in November 2015, down 9.5% from a year ago, according to RBI data.
Mumbai: India Inc raised $3.16 billion from overseas markets in November 2015, down 9.5% from a year ago, according to RBI data. Of the total borrowings, by way of external commercial borrowings (ECBs) and foreign currency convertible bonds (FCCBs), $2.11 billion was raised through the approval process while $1.05 billion came through the automatic route.
As many as 53 companies raised money from the automatic route and 4 via approval, showed RBI data. In the approval category, ONGC Videsh Limited raised $1.78 billion for refinancing of an earlier ECB and the Rural Electrification Corporation mobilised $300 million for on-lending.
In the automatic mode, the major borrowers were Indian Railway Finance Corporation ($400 million) for refinancing of an earlier ECB and Power Finance Corporation ($360 million) for on-lending. Adani Hazira Port mopped up $80 million for port-related activity and Inbisco India $18.8 million for refinancing ECB.
- 2nd EC notice to Pragya Thakur for Babri remarks
- Battle for Malda: One family, three candidates and a wall that separates them
- Rahul to be PM if Congress gets the maximum number of seats: Anand Sharma
- Send message you don't need someone airdropped from Delhi: Sitharaman to voters
- AAP candidates to file nominations on Monday, Congress wasted time: Gopal Rai