Six Metro Coaches built in Baroda Shipped to Australia
The maiden consignment of six metro coaches built in Baroda for export to the Australian Government were shipped from Mumbai Port recently.
The maiden consignment of six metro coaches built in Baroda for export to the Australian Government were shipped from Mumbai Port recently.This is the first shipment of the planned 450 coaches that will be exported to Australia over two & half year period. Mumbai Port holds supremacy in handling of oversized precious cargo.
The coaches are 75 feet long and weigh 46 tonnes each, requiring a superior and highly specialized loading operation with a high degree of precision. The entire stevedoring operation (loading into ship) of these prestigious oversized metro coaches has been done in-house by Mumbai Port Trust unlike any other port in India where private operators carry out such operations.
- Priyanka 'quietly chickened out' from contesting against Modi: Jaitley
- PM to file his nomination for Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency today
- CPI demands strong action against Amit Shah's 'IAF as Modi's air force' comment
- BJP delivered injustice in 5 years: Rahul Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi woos Bundelkhand, holds 2 rallies in 2 days