Rural tech centres in districts
The Policy on Rural Technology Centres 2016 announced by Telangana government as a part of ICT Policy Framework is aimed at taking software and other technologies to grassroots.
Hyderabad: The Policy on Rural Technology Centres 2016 announced by Telangana government as a part of ICT Policy Framework is aimed at taking software and other technologies to grassroots.
“Companies across the spectrum are realising that smaller towns and villages are great places to locate businesses, especially large technology development and support centres. Policy on Rural Technology Centres (RTCs) provides the framework to facilitate this inclination,” it said.
Government of Telangana aims to develop rural areas into technology centres which in turn create wealth and jobs, the policy statement added.
Under this, the government will develop one rural technology centre in each of the 10 districts of Telangana and provide employment to at least 2,500 people through them. It also plans to train 10,000 rural youth through TASK with the skills required by such centres.
- Priyanka Chaturvedi may join Shiv Sena
- Hemant Karkare died because I cursed him: Sadhvi Pragya on late 26/11 ATS chief
- Fake notes of Rs 2.5 lakh face value seized in Kolkata
- Video: Congress leader Hardik Patel slapped at poll rally in Gujarat
- Whoever intimidates BJP cadre in Ghazipur will be buried: Union minister