- Goa Environmental Film Festival kicks off with ‘The Elephant Whisperers’
- Kannada actress Prema takes ramp walk with cancer survivors to spread message of courage
- Chiranjeevi swag looks at Star Cancer Centre inaugural ceremony
- Prabhas celebrates Prashanth Neel birthday
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 04 June 2023
- Kichcha Sudeep applauds Malayalam blockbuster ‘2018’
- Chiranjeevi’s ‘Bholaa Shankar’ to be released in more than 600 locations in USA
- Gold and silver rates today surged in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 04 June 2023
- Chandrababu meets JP Nadda and Union Home Minister Amit Shah
- Ruturaj Gaikwad from Chennai Super Kings has tied the knot with Utkarsha Pawar
Uber brings ride-booking to BBM
Popular app-based cab aggregator Uber announced the launch of its services on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), an internet-based instant messenger and video telephony application.
New York [USA]: Popular app-based cab aggregator Uber announced the launch of its services on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), an internet-based instant messenger and video telephony application.
With the new feature in place, BBM users can book a ride from inside the chat app within the 'discover' menu. The feature will go live in selected countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, and the Middle East, Uber said, reports TechCrunch.
BBM will utilise Uber's web-based app, m.uber, comprising of advanced features as compared to those on a regular app.
While Uber aims to bridge the gap on the ride-hailing front, BBM, through this tie-up looks to regain its position which has been weakened with the introduction of other instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Messenger and others.