- Addition of sedition in rioting case: HC seeks police stand on Sharjeel Imam’s plea
- Another Congress ally backs Kejriwal on Ordinance row
- Delhi teen murder: Six inch long knife recovered by police
- Sushma’s daughter ‘defends’ Brij Bhushan
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots case: Supplementary charge sheet against Tytler approved
- Sisodia allowed to meet ailing wife at residence in custody
- Tirupati: Religious fervour marks Rathotsavam
- Vijayawada: Centre to sanction Rs 12,911 cr to complete Polavaram project says G V L Narasimha Rao
- Visakhapatnam: ‘First day, first show’ now from home
- Guntur: Yantra Seva, CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy flags off tractors, harvesters
Budget Day: Jaitley arrives in Parliament
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley arrived in Parliament on Thursday morning, ahead of the presentation of the Union Budget 2018-19.
New Delhi: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley arrived in Parliament on Thursday morning, ahead of the presentation of the Union Budget 2018-19.
Jaitley, who examined the final copy of the document on Wednesday evening here, is expected to present the Budget in Parliament around 11 a.m., post a cabinet meeting.
He is also expected to address the media at around 3.30 p.m. this afternoon.
Jaitley, carrying the symbolic cherry-brown briefcase containing the Budget, was seen earlier at the Ministry of Finance (North Block) along with Finance Secretary Dr Hasmukh Adhia, Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramanian, Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg and others.
This will be the last full-fledged budget of the Narendra Modi-led government and the first post the rollout of the Goods and Services Tax (GST).