- China issues draft guidelines to tackle online abuse
- Raut alleges threats 'state-sponsored' as one tracked in Maha's Amravati
- Gangula Kamalakar escapes danger after boat capsizes in a pond in Karimnagar
- Bhojpuri singer arrested in Gurugram for raping minor
- Delhi liquor policy case: SC cuts short interim bail granted by HC to Raghav Magunta
- Over 67% students pass university entrance exam in Myanmar
- Samsung's One UI 5 beta lets users quickly transfer Galaxy watch to new phone
- Top 5 richest comedians of India: See net worth
- Ashes 2023: England have slightly different plans for Smith this time, says Ollie Pope
- Isro Launches Chandrayaan-3: Why is India Going to the Moon?
Budget to focus on agriculture, infra, healthcare, education: Jaitley
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stressed that this year\'s Union Budget would focus on four aspects namely-strengthening of agriculture, education, healthcare benefits and improving infrastructure.
New Delhi: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stressed that this year's Union Budget would focus on four aspects namely-strengthening of agriculture, education, healthcare benefits and improving infrastructure.
Addressing the Budget Session of Parliament, Jaitley said the Budget aims to create an honest, clean and transparent government of a strong confident New India, on the backdrop of the economic reforms taken in the recent past.
The following are the key focus areas of this year's Budget:
1. Strengthening of agriculture and rural economy.
2. Provision for good health to economically less privileged
3. Taking care of senior citizens
4. Infrastructure creation
5. Improving the quality of education in the country
Reiterating Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision of 'minimum government, maximum governance', Jaitley stated that India's USD 2.5 trillion economy is on course to achieve a growth of 8 percent, following the 7.2-7.5 percent growth it achieved in the second half of 2018-19.