- WTC Final: Steve Smith equals Joe Root's record of most Test centuries against India
- Long Covid can impact fatigue, quality of life worse than some cancers: Study
- Delhi court dismisses bizman Arun Pillai's bail plea in excise policy case
- Tata Power Renewable Energy subsidiary receives Letter of Award to set up 966MW Round-the-clock (RTC) Hybrid Renewable Power Project for Tata Steel
- Motion Poster Revealed!
- Mahindra launches its first Dual-Fuel small commercial vehicle, the new Supro CNG Duo; Price starts at ₹6.32 lakh
- MHA sanctions Rs 101.75 cr relief package for people displaced in Manipur violence
- 'India, Serbia have huge potential for trade & investment': President Murmu
- Air India flight to San Francisco: Airline to refund ticket fare to all 216 passengers
- New Medical Colleges for AP Telangana
Jaitley presents Union Budget 2018 in Parliament
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has begun the presentation of Union Budget 2018 in the Parliament.
New Delhi: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has begun the presentation of Union Budget 2018 in the Parliament.
Jaitley, who examined the final copy of the document on Wednesday evening here, arrived in Parliament on Thursday morning around 10:00 a.m.
He is also expected to address the media at around 3.30 p.m. this afternoon.
Jaitley, carrying the symbolic cherry-brown briefcase containing the Budget, was seen earlier at the Ministry of Finance (North Block) along with Finance Secretary Dr Hasmukh Adhia, Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramanian, Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg and others.
This will be the last full-fledged budget of the Narendra Modi-led government and the first post the rollout of the Goods and Services Tax (GST).